Delcam Italia set to demonstrate CADCAM software for toolmakers at Eurostampi 2014
At the Eurostampi exhibition in Parma on 27—29 March 2014, Delcam Italia will demonstrate its complete CADCAM suite for the design, machining and inspection of moulds, dies and other tooling. The suite combines Delcam’s Powershape CAD software, Powermill CAM system and Powerinspect inspection software and is said to enable toolmakers to work more efficiently and to higher levels of accuracy.
Offering a combination of solid, surface and direct modelling, Powershape provides a comprehensive range of design techniques. Having all the different technologies in the same package reduces the need to transfer data between multiple programs and so streamlines the whole product development process.
At the same time, the combination of quick and easy direct modelling options, together with powerful and flexible surface modelling makes Powershape a suitable choice for design for manufacture.
Click on the links above to download the relevant brochures.
Key product features
- The direct modelling functionality in Powershape Pro tooling allows tooling designers to tackle all the common problems that they find in product designs, such as insufficient draft or inappropriate fillet sizes
- Together with the data translation and data repair options available in Powershape, the direct modelling tools give a unique range of capabilities to tool-making companies, whether they are producing moulds, press tools or die-casting equipment
- The Powermill CAM system for high-speed and five-axis machining includes a range of strategies, together with powerful editing tools, to allow the optimum toolpaths to be produced in the shortest calculation times
- As well as enabling faster machining times, the strategies in Powermill give exceptional surface quality, meaning that hand finishing can be eliminated in many cases
- The Vortex high-efficiency area clearance strategy has been developed by Delcam specifically to gain the maximum safe metal-removal rate from solid carbide tooling, in particular those designs that can give deeper cuts by using the full flute length as the cutting surface
- It can be used for two- and three-axis roughing, three-plus-two-axis area clearance and for rest machining based on stock models or reference toolpaths
- Powerinspect hardware-independent inspection software combines the ability to work with all types of inspection device with a comprehensive range of inspection routines for taking simple measurements, for inspection of geometric features and for analysing complex 3D surfaces
- The resulting reports present detailed information in an easy-to-read format that can be understood by all engineers
- FeatureCAM is designed for companies that undertake production machining, in particular on mill-turn equipment, in particular on mill-turn equipment
Delcam has launched the 2015 version of its PowerSHAPE Pro CAD-for-CAM system for modelling for manufacture and reverse engineering. The new release includes improvements in direct modelling, surface modelling and reverse engineering, as well as support for data from Creaform HandySCAN handheld scanners.
Delcam Taiwan will highlight developments across Delcam’s range of manufacturing software on stand 4C603 at the TMTS exhibition to be held in Taichung, Taiwan, from 5–9 November 2014. The CAD/CAM software on show will include the 2015 releases of the PowerSHAPE Pro CAD package, the PowerMILL CAM system for high-speed and five-axis machining and the FeatureCAM feature-based programming software.
Delcam CRISPIN has announced a global footwear design competition for footwear design students, independent designers and footwear professionals. The winner will have his or her design 3D printed and displayed on the company’s stand at SIMAC in February 2015.
At Euromold in Frankfurt, Germany, on 25–28 November 2014, Delcam will highlight the 2015 releases of the PowerSHAPE Pro CAD package, the PowerMILL CAM system and the Delcam Electrode suite for the design, machining and inspection of electrodes.
Delcam’s South Korean joint venture, Hankook Delcam, held its 25th User Group Conference at the Hyundai Hotel in Kyeong-Ju on 26–27 September. The theme for this year’s meeting was ‘Big Jump Up’, a reference to the large increases in productivity being seen by companies adopting software and services from Hankook Delcam.