ATS upgrades manufacturing inspection software to include reference documents
ATS Inspect 5.4
ATS Inspect 5.4 — a software product that is designed to provide enhanced control and efficiency in manufacturing processes — includes several new functions, allowing manufacturers to share best practices and to enforce global quality standards throughout the manufacturing and supply chain.
One of its main features enables system administrators to create mandatory inspection steps that are assigned to each station in the desired sequence using Cockpit.
Each step may include checklist questions, views, view categories and part categories and can have an image associated to it to highlight where the operator is working.
In Data Collect, the operator must begin with the first inspection step assigned to the station and cannot proceed to the next step until the current step has been completed.
Completion will be accomplished by answering all checklist questions assigned to the step.
- Reference documents can be added to give extra information to the operators carrying out inspections
- Two Repair controls help speed up the repair process
- The Last Repair Comments control displays a list of the most recent comments associated to the selected component/concern/repair combination
- The Top Repair Types control displays the most common repairs for the selected component
- Customisable Repair Triggers send notifications when individual repairs are entered into the Inspect system
- Password encryption provides a higher level of security
DRS Laurel Technologies has implemented the ATS Inspect visual inspection software to meet the data-intensive challenges required by the Reset programme.
Brooks Forgings is using M1 ERP from ECi Software Solutions to help its business evolve and succeed in a competitive marketplace.
Knowledge is key when making an important investment, especially in a manufacturing ERP software solution. One of the best ways for you to understand exactly what you are investing in is to conduct reference checks. Checking references allows you to call on current users of software to ask questions and determine satisfaction. This paper from ECI Software presents a list of questions that can be used.
Planview will be hosting a presentation and panel discussion at the Ovum Industry Congress on 12–13 May in the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel in London on the benefits of continuous and adaptive planning.