Excel Software launches AppProtect 2.0 to protect Mac or Windows software
Excel Software has launched AppProtect 2.0, which applies protection and a vendor-controlled or fully automated online-activation process to a compiled application to protect Mac or Windows software.
AppProtect wraps a Mac or Windows application with an activation process that requires a computer-unique password or serial number on first launch.
- Excel Software provides vendor accounts for the Safe Activation service or a vendor can self-host an activation server using Web Activation
- AppProtect 2.0 on Windows adds the ability to embed static data files into the executable
- For an application constructed from an interpreted language or requiring external data files, the unprotected files are are no longer accessible by the user
- Allows a secure licence to be applied and simplifies the user experience since the entire application is distributed as a single file
- Offers encryption and decryption features that enable Cycling 74 Max5 programmers to protect and license the software they create
- Supplements the standard protection available to all applications with five additional, optional layers of protection
- Each protection layer works independently so the developer can customise the protection for a specific application
- Can be used to protect a standard Mac OS X application (.app) or Windows executable (.exe)
- Includes a printed and PDF user guide with pop-up help screens that allow anyone to protect and license an application without programming skills
Excel Software has introduced Version 7.0 of its WinA&D software, which is said to support requirements management, system and software design, code generation and flexible report generation.
A large number of cylindrical laser processing applications program the laser writing campaign as if the two axes are both, in fact, linear in nature. In other words, the cylindrical pattern is ‘unrolled’ to make the shape a more typical flat workpiece. While this technique might ease the motion control programming burden, often the resulting pattern cycle time suffers due to the many directional changes the rotary axis, in particular, must undergo during laser processing.
Infolytica has announced the release of its latest MagNet for SOLIDWORKS update, the company’s electromagnetic field simulation add-in to the 3D CAD package. This update includes improvements made to the interface, post-processing and speed of the software.
OMICRON’s RelaySimTest software allows CMC test set users to perform simulation-based relay tests independent of the relay type, manufacturer and detailed parameters. The software is suitable for end-to-end testing in the field.
The latest release of Delcam CRISPIN’s ShoeMaker CAD software for the design of all types of footwear includes special editing tools to adapt an existing sole to a new upper design.