Excel Software launches AppProtect 2.0 to protect Mac or Windows software
Excel Software has launched AppProtect 2.0, which applies protection and a vendor-controlled or fully automated online-activation process to a compiled application to protect Mac or Windows software.
AppProtect wraps a Mac or Windows application with an activation process that requires a computer-unique password or serial number on first launch.
- Excel Software provides vendor accounts for the Safe Activation service or a vendor can self-host an activation server using Web Activation
- AppProtect 2.0 on Windows adds the ability to embed static data files into the executable
- For an application constructed from an interpreted language or requiring external data files, the unprotected files are are no longer accessible by the user
- Allows a secure licence to be applied and simplifies the user experience since the entire application is distributed as a single file
- Offers encryption and decryption features that enable Cycling 74 Max5 programmers to protect and license the software they create
- Supplements the standard protection available to all applications with five additional, optional layers of protection
- Each protection layer works independently so the developer can customise the protection for a specific application
- Can be used to protect a standard Mac OS X application (.app) or Windows executable (.exe)
- Includes a printed and PDF user guide with pop-up help screens that allow anyone to protect and license an application without programming skills
Excel Software has introduced Version 7.0 of its WinA&D software, which is said to support requirements management, system and software design, code generation and flexible report generation.
Delcam will launch the 2016 version of its PowerMILL programming software for five-axis and high-speed machining at the Manufacturing & Engineering North East exhibition to be held at the Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, on 8 and 9 July.
EPLAN has launched EPLAN Experience, a methodological, step-by-step concept to increase engineering efficiency and design optimisation. EPLAN Experience aims to make individual engineering practices more efficient and less time consuming.
EPLAN is currently offering classroom licences completely free-of charge for its full range of widely used CAE software.
According to EPLAN, the EPLAN Experience moduke can help engineering and manufacturing companies boost their efficiency and profitability.