Excel Software launches AppProtect 2.0 to protect Mac or Windows software
Excel Software has launched AppProtect 2.0, which applies protection and a vendor-controlled or fully automated online-activation process to a compiled application to protect Mac or Windows software.
AppProtect wraps a Mac or Windows application with an activation process that requires a computer-unique password or serial number on first launch.
- Excel Software provides vendor accounts for the Safe Activation service or a vendor can self-host an activation server using Web Activation
- AppProtect 2.0 on Windows adds the ability to embed static data files into the executable
- For an application constructed from an interpreted language or requiring external data files, the unprotected files are are no longer accessible by the user
- Allows a secure licence to be applied and simplifies the user experience since the entire application is distributed as a single file
- Offers encryption and decryption features that enable Cycling 74 Max5 programmers to protect and license the software they create
- Supplements the standard protection available to all applications with five additional, optional layers of protection
- Each protection layer works independently so the developer can customise the protection for a specific application
- Can be used to protect a standard Mac OS X application (.app) or Windows executable (.exe)
- Includes a printed and PDF user guide with pop-up help screens that allow anyone to protect and license an application without programming skills
Excel Software has introduced Version 7.0 of its WinA&D software, which is said to support requirements management, system and software design, code generation and flexible report generation.
In today’s automotive marketplace, design has become the key competitive advantage for many manufacturers and suppliers. For these companies, top business initiatives include streamlining the conceptual design process, increasing the number of iterations, developing desirable designs and building brand equity. Global brands, global design and rapidly shifting market trends are contributing to a change in automotive styling. Designs must resonate with many different customers and raise ...
It takes many activities and skills to bring the ideas and designs of architects/engineers to fruition. In this white paper, Man and Machine discusses building information modelling (BIM) — which attempts to standardise the creation and exchange of information to make the design, construction and operational management of a facility or infrastructure asset more efficient.
In the present energy efficiency context of electrical machines, diagnosis of rotating machines is increasingly studied. Designers seek to include the on-line, non-invasive diagnosis and typical signatures of the rotating machine’s faults in the stator winding currents, torque, leakage magnetic field, and so on. Among the rotating machine’s faults, seven to 10 per cent are located in the rotor and some of these faults are eccentricities. These faults generate electromagnetic torque ...
Today’s successful automotive manufacturers and OEMs must design innovative, alluring vehicles — and bring them to market faster than their competitors. To drive consumer interest, they need to develop interiors and exteriors that are perfectly smooth, pleasing to the eye and pleasant to the touch. Leading automotive companies rely on Autodesk Alias Surface for technical surfacing tools to create these high-quality, accurate and precise surfaces.