Excel Software launches AppProtect 2.0 to protect Mac or Windows software
Excel Software has launched AppProtect 2.0, which applies protection and a vendor-controlled or fully automated online-activation process to a compiled application to protect Mac or Windows software.
AppProtect wraps a Mac or Windows application with an activation process that requires a computer-unique password or serial number on first launch.
- Excel Software provides vendor accounts for the Safe Activation service or a vendor can self-host an activation server using Web Activation
- AppProtect 2.0 on Windows adds the ability to embed static data files into the executable
- For an application constructed from an interpreted language or requiring external data files, the unprotected files are are no longer accessible by the user
- Allows a secure licence to be applied and simplifies the user experience since the entire application is distributed as a single file
- Offers encryption and decryption features that enable Cycling 74 Max5 programmers to protect and license the software they create
- Supplements the standard protection available to all applications with five additional, optional layers of protection
- Each protection layer works independently so the developer can customise the protection for a specific application
- Can be used to protect a standard Mac OS X application (.app) or Windows executable (.exe)
- Includes a printed and PDF user guide with pop-up help screens that allow anyone to protect and license an application without programming skills
Excel Software has introduced Version 7.0 of its WinA&D software, which is said to support requirements management, system and software design, code generation and flexible report generation.
Delcam will launch the 2015 R2 version of its PowerSHAPE Pro software for the design of products and tooling at the Develop3D Live conference and exhibition, which is set to be held at Warwick Arts Centre on 26 March.
This article from CEDRAT is focused on the static and dynamic eccentricity fault in the induction motor. The quantities considered are: torque, leakage flux and magnetic forces measured outside the machine (such as accelerometer sensor). For each quantity, CEDRAT compares its signature in degraded mode with the healthy mode. The company devotes a short paragraph of this article to demonstrating the new feature of Flux concerning double FFT; this feature is available in the dedicated ...
IFW Dresden, a scientific institute that focuses on solid-state physics and materials science research, has been using INTEGRATED Engineering Software’s AMPERES modelling software to advance some major projects it is working on.
FilterCAD from Linear Technology is designed to help users without special expertise in filter design to design good filters with a minimum of effort.