ESAB's Warrior power source and wire feeder can be used in tough welding environments
Warrior welding power source and wire feeder
ESAB has launched Warrior, a heavy-duty multi-process welding power source and wire feeder. Warrior is designed for applications in the shipbuilding, railway, mobile machinery, power generation, construction, pipe welding, general fabrication, repair and maintenance industries.
It is suitable for use in tough welding environments and can perform MIG/MAG, flux-cored wire, MMA and TIG welding tasks, as well as arc gouging.
Warrior features reliable inverter technology and delivers up to 500A at 60 per cent duty cycle. It welds 0.8–2.0mm flux-cored and solid wires and carbon arc gouges with electrodes measuring up to 10mm diameter and has a full range of MMA capabilities with excellent 7018 and 6010 performance.
The wire feeder features a high-torque four-roll drive offering excellent feed even with long MIG/MAG welding guns.
Its controls include remote voltage, gas purge, inch wire, wire feed speed, trigger lock and slow run-in.
Key features and benefits
- Air-tunnel design keeps critical electronics free from dirt, oil and foreign objects
- Durable external body and IP23 rating allow Warrior to endure harsh outdoor environments, including up to 60º driving rain
- Ergonomically designed handles withstand mechanical hoisting
- Double-bend 2.0mm steel side panels protect against collisions, drops and unexpected impact
- Power sources are located on Warrier’s front panel for ease of use
- Knobs are protected and are designed for use when wearing welding gloves
- Simple and clear user interface and a sun-friendly display are included
- Connection cable set — for power, gas and control — reduces setup times
- Warrior is generator compatible for remote welding and gouging applications
- It can work with both 300mm and 200mm welding wire spools for lighter weight and better portability
- Easy-to-open side panel provides quick access for service and maintenance
ESAB offers a range of welding consumables for civil and industrial steel pipeline welding. The consumables are designed for the manual welding process but also cater for semi-automatic and fully automatic welding applications.
ESAB has introduced the Aristo Spec range of safety spectacles, which is designed for use with the company’s welding and cutting equipment ranges. Offering a high level of safety with low weight and a sporty design, the spectacles protect the eyes from both impact and UV rays.
ESAB has introduced its Coreweld 46 LS metal-cored wire, which is suitable for high-speed, automated thin-plate welding as well as thicker plate manual welding.
ESAB provides a comprehensive range of consumables for all the major arc welding processes used with nickel alloys, dissimilar welds, cast iron, cryogenic applications and nickel alloy cladding.
ESAB has published its first 2013 issue of ‘The Welder’, a 16-page publication highlighting the company’s latest product developments and applications of welding and cutting technology.