Sandvik Coromant's Corochuck 930 hydraulic chuck is available for Big Plus spindles
Sandvik Coromantcontact supplier
The Corochuck 930 — Sandvik Coromant’s high-precision hydraulic chuck — is now available for Big Plus spindle system users, providing a secure tooling performance in milling and drilling operations. The chuck is said to be ideal for meeting the demands for high run-out precision.
The design of the Corochuck 930 is said to ensure excellent torque transmission to improve the performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools.
When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth, resulting in predictable tool life and allowing component tolerances to be maintained more easily.
Furthermore, the performance of the Corochuck 930 can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces — the product is also designed with dampening features that serve to minimise vibration during the machining process.
The Corochuck 930 can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes. No other external equipment is required to clamp or unclamp the system.
Click on the link above to download Sandvik Coromant’s cutting tools and solutions brochure. Information on the Corochuck 930 can be found on page 52.
Key features and benefits
- Optimised design of the brazed clamping membrane promotes ultra-secure clamping with two supports on each side (fulcrums)
- The chuck provides significantly less risk of tool pull-out
- It ensures excellent torque transmission to improve performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools
- When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth
- Its performance can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces
- It can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes
- Chuck holds tolerances within microns to improve tool precision, surface finish and productivity; precision run-out can be measured at less than 4μm at 2.5 x DC.
- It is suitable for machine tools including lathes, machining centres, multi-task machines and driven tools in turning centres and VTLs
- It is available in pencil, slender and heavy-duty design and is balanced according to DIN 69888
In the third instalment of its ‘Looking Ahead’ series about future manufacturing challenges driven by technological, demographic and environmental changes, toolmaker Sandvik Coromant explores the ramifications that keeping pace with — or falling behind — the coming technology shifts will have on the success of businesses. According to Sandvik Coromant’s white paper ‘Manufacturing Intelligence’ and its video ‘Looking Ahead’, we are now on the verge of the fourth industrial revolution, ...
Sandvik Coromant has launched a free online service to help production engineers and manufacturing specialists keep abreast of the latest metal-cutting technologies and practices. The comprehensive e-learning programme for metalworking skills can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
Be it engine parts, frame components or landing gear parts, Sandvik Coromant says that it has a solution for almost all aerospace machining challenges.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced RAL90, a tool for machining aerospace components made of aluminium and aluminium alloys. The new milling concept for machining operations on high-speed spindles has a high-strength tempered base body designed to increase tool flexural stiffness and natural frequency.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced a range of small Coromill Plura thread milling cutters designed to counter the threat of tool breakage and component damage associated with conventional taps when machining complex parts made from expensive materials. Plura thread mills are said to be particularly suitable for medical component machining.