Sandvik Coromant's Corochuck 930 hydraulic chuck is available for Big Plus spindles
Sandvik Coromantcontact supplier
The Corochuck 930 — Sandvik Coromant’s high-precision hydraulic chuck — is now available for Big Plus spindle system users, providing a secure tooling performance in milling and drilling operations. The chuck is said to be ideal for meeting the demands for high run-out precision.
The design of the Corochuck 930 is said to ensure excellent torque transmission to improve the performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools.
When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth, resulting in predictable tool life and allowing component tolerances to be maintained more easily.
Furthermore, the performance of the Corochuck 930 can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces — the product is also designed with dampening features that serve to minimise vibration during the machining process.
The Corochuck 930 can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes. No other external equipment is required to clamp or unclamp the system.
Click on the link above to download Sandvik Coromant’s cutting tools and solutions brochure. Information on the Corochuck 930 can be found on page 52.
Key features and benefits
- Optimised design of the brazed clamping membrane promotes ultra-secure clamping with two supports on each side (fulcrums)
- The chuck provides significantly less risk of tool pull-out
- It ensures excellent torque transmission to improve performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools
- When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth
- Its performance can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces
- It can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes
- Chuck holds tolerances within microns to improve tool precision, surface finish and productivity; precision run-out can be measured at less than 4μm at 2.5 x DC.
- It is suitable for machine tools including lathes, machining centres, multi-task machines and driven tools in turning centres and VTLs
- It is available in pencil, slender and heavy-duty design and is balanced according to DIN 69888
Be it engine parts, frame components or landing gear parts, Sandvik Coromant says that it has a solution for almost all aerospace machining challenges.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced RAL90, a tool for machining aerospace components made of aluminium and aluminium alloys. The new milling concept for machining operations on high-speed spindles has a high-strength tempered base body designed to increase tool flexural stiffness and natural frequency.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced a range of small Coromill Plura thread milling cutters designed to counter the threat of tool breakage and component damage associated with conventional taps when machining complex parts made from expensive materials. Plura thread mills are said to be particularly suitable for medical component machining.
Manufacturers or machine shops needing a specific corner radius or a cutter with a special tool length to keep overhang to a minimum can now take advantage of the new Sandvik Coromant Tailor Made offer for Coromill Plura endmills. Anyone machining ISO N (aluminium) workpieces can acquire customised solid cutters to fit specific application requirements.
At AMB 2014, Sandvik Coromant will introduce visitors to a variety of technologies and services for optimised machining across a range of processes and industries. As well as turning and gear milling tools for manufacturing advanced components, the company will present solutions to the latest challenges in the automotive or aerospace industries.