Sandvik Coromant's Corochuck 930 hydraulic chuck is available for Big Plus spindles
Sandvik Coromantcontact supplier
The Corochuck 930 — Sandvik Coromant’s high-precision hydraulic chuck — is now available for Big Plus spindle system users, providing a secure tooling performance in milling and drilling operations. The chuck is said to be ideal for meeting the demands for high run-out precision.
The design of the Corochuck 930 is said to ensure excellent torque transmission to improve the performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools.
When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth, resulting in predictable tool life and allowing component tolerances to be maintained more easily.
Furthermore, the performance of the Corochuck 930 can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces — the product is also designed with dampening features that serve to minimise vibration during the machining process.
The Corochuck 930 can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes. No other external equipment is required to clamp or unclamp the system.
Click on the link above to download Sandvik Coromant’s cutting tools and solutions brochure. Information on the Corochuck 930 can be found on page 52.
Key features and benefits
- Optimised design of the brazed clamping membrane promotes ultra-secure clamping with two supports on each side (fulcrums)
- The chuck provides significantly less risk of tool pull-out
- It ensures excellent torque transmission to improve performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools
- When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth
- Its performance can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces
- It can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes
- Chuck holds tolerances within microns to improve tool precision, surface finish and productivity; precision run-out can be measured at less than 4μm at 2.5 x DC.
- It is suitable for machine tools including lathes, machining centres, multi-task machines and driven tools in turning centres and VTLs
- It is available in pencil, slender and heavy-duty design and is balanced according to DIN 69888
To optimise steel machining processes, Sandvik Coromant has developed GC4305, an insert that offers both high metal removal rates and stable conditions.
This catalogue is designed to speed up the identification and selection of tools, adapters and accessories that address the challenges of today’s parting and grooving machining operations.
Today, more and more areas of machining are benefiting from ongoing developments in high-pressure coolant technology. Operations such as turning, parting and grooving, for example, are seeing a welcome boost in performance, process security and quality. According to Sandvik Coromant, this is because coolant, applied at high pressure, is no longer simply a problem solver; it has become a productivity enhancer.
In the latest of a series of initiatives being developed around specific machining applications, Sandvik Coromant has released a free white paper dedicated to addressing the challenges of parting and grooving operations. The paper covers all aspects of parting and grooving and provides guidance, hints and tips in areas ranging from addressing the challenges caused by long overhangs to increasing both machine speed and tool life.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced a vibration damper that helps to maintain stable production during deep-hole machining (DHM) operations and to support increased machine tool utilisation.