Sandvik Coromant's Corochuck 930 hydraulic chuck is available for Big Plus spindles
Sandvik Coromantcontact supplier
The Corochuck 930 — Sandvik Coromant’s high-precision hydraulic chuck — is now available for Big Plus spindle system users, providing a secure tooling performance in milling and drilling operations. The chuck is said to be ideal for meeting the demands for high run-out precision.
The design of the Corochuck 930 is said to ensure excellent torque transmission to improve the performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools.
When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth, resulting in predictable tool life and allowing component tolerances to be maintained more easily.
Furthermore, the performance of the Corochuck 930 can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces — the product is also designed with dampening features that serve to minimise vibration during the machining process.
The Corochuck 930 can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes. No other external equipment is required to clamp or unclamp the system.
Click on the link above to download Sandvik Coromant’s cutting tools and solutions brochure. Information on the Corochuck 930 can be found on page 52.
Key features and benefits
- Optimised design of the brazed clamping membrane promotes ultra-secure clamping with two supports on each side (fulcrums)
- The chuck provides significantly less risk of tool pull-out
- It ensures excellent torque transmission to improve performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools
- When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth
- Its performance can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces
- It can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes
- Chuck holds tolerances within microns to improve tool precision, surface finish and productivity; precision run-out can be measured at less than 4μm at 2.5 x DC.
- It is suitable for machine tools including lathes, machining centres, multi-task machines and driven tools in turning centres and VTLs
- It is available in pencil, slender and heavy-duty design and is balanced according to DIN 69888
SpiroGrooving — a method for seal ring grooves developed by Sandvik Coromant — is designed to ensure the high output of quality components and to meet tough security demands. Used with the CoroBore XL system, it utilises a spirograph toolpath to create close-tolerance seal ring grooves in a secure and productive way.
Sandvik Coromant is planning to highlight recent innovations developed with its technology partner Mitis at JEC Europe, which is due to take place on 10–12 March 2015. In addition, visitors to the show on 10 March are invited to attend a free presentation on the subject of vibration-assisted drilling in the Agora area at 11:00.
The new CoroMill QD groove milling concept from Sandvik Coromant features internal coolant and dedicated insert geometries for milling with high process security.
Sandvik Coromant has introduced its InvoMilling gear milling software designed for the flexible manufacturing of gears and splines on universal five-axis machining centres.
Sandvik Coromant’s portfolio of automotive component manufacturing solutions offers a selection of tools and insert grades designed to optimise the machining of transmission shafts.