Sandvik Coromant's Corochuck 930 hydraulic chuck is available for Big Plus spindles
Sandvik Coromantcontact supplier
The Corochuck 930 — Sandvik Coromant’s high-precision hydraulic chuck — is now available for Big Plus spindle system users, providing a secure tooling performance in milling and drilling operations. The chuck is said to be ideal for meeting the demands for high run-out precision.
The design of the Corochuck 930 is said to ensure excellent torque transmission to improve the performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools.
When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth, resulting in predictable tool life and allowing component tolerances to be maintained more easily.
Furthermore, the performance of the Corochuck 930 can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces — the product is also designed with dampening features that serve to minimise vibration during the machining process.
The Corochuck 930 can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes. No other external equipment is required to clamp or unclamp the system.
Click on the link above to download Sandvik Coromant’s cutting tools and solutions brochure. Information on the Corochuck 930 can be found on page 52.
Key features and benefits
- Optimised design of the brazed clamping membrane promotes ultra-secure clamping with two supports on each side (fulcrums)
- The chuck provides significantly less risk of tool pull-out
- It ensures excellent torque transmission to improve performance of solid-carbide endmills, drills and reaming tools
- When used with milling tools, low run-out of the cutter will also ensure consistent feed per tooth
- Its performance can be repeated over multiple clamping cycles to retain high-quality component surfaces
- It can be quickly tightened or released with a dedicated torque wrench, improving efficiency through fast and easy setups and changes
- Chuck holds tolerances within microns to improve tool precision, surface finish and productivity; precision run-out can be measured at less than 4μm at 2.5 x DC.
- It is suitable for machine tools including lathes, machining centres, multi-task machines and driven tools in turning centres and VTLs
- It is available in pencil, slender and heavy-duty design and is balanced according to DIN 69888
Sandvik Coromant has updated its CoroCut 1-2 system for rigid and rapid parting and grooving to feature spring clamp technology. This not only provides increased stability but eliminates the operator judgement required when using a torque wrench on conventional screw clamps.
Despite the significant investment that a new machine represents, the fact that around 70 per cent of machines are purchased un-tooled means that many manufacturers are still missing opportunities to reduce payback times and improve the return on investment (ROI) from their capital outlay. According to Sandvik Coromant, getting machine investment right from the start is the key to reducing payback times.
Sandvik Coromant has announced that its CoroTurn SL cutting heads now feature CoroTurn HP (high-precision) nozzles that direct cutting fluid precisely where it is needed — at the exact interface between the tool and the workpiece. This is said to ensure CoroTurn SL users can be assured of reliable chip breaking, which facilitates both good chip evacuation and extended tool life in back-boring operations.
Sandvik Coromant’s GC4315 and GC4325 steel turning grades with Inveio are designed to support the automotive industry with excellent reliability and process security.
Sandvik Coromant has revealed that its CoroCut QD deep external grooving and parting-off tools are now suitable for internal machining applications. From 1 October, the CoroCut QD system will include CoroTurn SL blades for deep grooves in internal machining.