Werma introduces surface-mount Cleansign LED signal tower for cleanroom applications
Werma UK contact supplier
Cleansign surface-mount LED signal tower
Werma’s EHEDG-approved Cleansign LED signal tower is designed especially for use in cleanrooms, hygienic areas and the food industry. The company has recently introduced a surface-mount option, which can be installed on any surface.
In the food and drink industry, as well as the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, or during the manufacture of electronic components, high demands are placed on hygiene. This applies to both employees as well as the machinery, equipment and accessories used.
The Cleansign signal tower has obtained the highest air purity classification of two and can therefore be used safely in many applications including component manufacture, microelectronics, medical, research, pharmaceutical, optical, laser and aerospace.
Click on the link above to download the Cleansign brochure.
Key features and benefits
- The compact design of Cleansign has no flat horizontal surface, grooves or joints where contamination could build up and therefore contamination risks are substantially reduced.
- An EHEDG requirement calling for 30° angled surfaces has been rigorously imposed on the design, allowing for optimised flow of fluid, easier cleaning and better visibility of the signal tower.
- Cleansign’s design reduces cleaning time considerably and will not use so much cleansing agents or energy to complete the job.
- The polyamide housing of Cleansign is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, is compatible with foodstuffs and is resistant to cleansing and disinfecting agents.
- The housing and fixing bracket are one piece — the absence of joints further helps to prevent the build-up of contamination.
- The very bright Cleansign uses the latest in LED light technology, giving a life typically of up to 50,000 hours.
- An integral loud sounder emphasises the signalling effect to people out of sight of the signal tower.
- Different light effects are possible with the RGB, RGY LED variants, for example different colours and grading of colours.
Optimising the value-added chain and eliminating wastage are key points in the important discussion on lean production methodology Werma has introduced new Andon products to help make manual work stations more ‘lean’.
The surge in demand for andon lights from operations keen to improve their visual management systems and eliminate wastage and obtain better transparency of their operation has encouraged WERMA to introduce a new comprehensive kit of the essential components required to set up a simple manually operated andon light system Werma AndonBOX & Light Kit In Lean manufacturing terms Andon refers to any visual display that shows status information on the plant floor.
WERMA is a leading manufacturer of Andon Light systems, Beacons and Sounders.
Some years ago now WERMA, the leading designer and manufacturer of a wide range of beacons and sounders, or andon lights as they are becoming better known today, had started to get involved in an application where an LED signal tower light set is deployed to signify a problem dealing with checking out purchases at unmanned cash desks in retail outlets.
The standard transmitter unit supplied with the WIN wireless monitoring system transmits the status change in the Andon light to the WIN software, allowing you to collect machine or workstation performance data.