Werma introduces surface-mount Cleansign LED signal tower for cleanroom applications
Werma UK contact supplier
Cleansign surface-mount LED signal tower
Werma’s EHEDG-approved Cleansign LED signal tower is designed especially for use in cleanrooms, hygienic areas and the food industry. The company has recently introduced a surface-mount option, which can be installed on any surface.
In the food and drink industry, as well as the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, or during the manufacture of electronic components, high demands are placed on hygiene. This applies to both employees as well as the machinery, equipment and accessories used.
The Cleansign signal tower has obtained the highest air purity classification of two and can therefore be used safely in many applications including component manufacture, microelectronics, medical, research, pharmaceutical, optical, laser and aerospace.
Click on the link above to download the Cleansign brochure.
Key features and benefits
- The compact design of Cleansign has no flat horizontal surface, grooves or joints where contamination could build up and therefore contamination risks are substantially reduced.
- An EHEDG requirement calling for 30° angled surfaces has been rigorously imposed on the design, allowing for optimised flow of fluid, easier cleaning and better visibility of the signal tower.
- Cleansign’s design reduces cleaning time considerably and will not use so much cleansing agents or energy to complete the job.
- The polyamide housing of Cleansign is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, is compatible with foodstuffs and is resistant to cleansing and disinfecting agents.
- The housing and fixing bracket are one piece — the absence of joints further helps to prevent the build-up of contamination.
- The very bright Cleansign uses the latest in LED light technology, giving a life typically of up to 50,000 hours.
- An integral loud sounder emphasises the signalling effect to people out of sight of the signal tower.
- Different light effects are possible with the RGB, RGY LED variants, for example different colours and grading of colours.
The standard transmitter unit supplied with the WIN wireless monitoring system from WERMA transmits the status change in the andon light to the WIN software, allowing the user to collect machine or workstation performance data. The Slave Control receiver unit now includes a ‘command’ function.
This video demonstrates the different light effects available in the KS 71 range of LED modular signal towers manufactured by WERMA.
The WIN wireless monitoring system from WERMA can be used in applications where a call-for-action system is required. For example, in an assembly or packaging area, you may have andon lights fitted to the lines to indicate the status of the work being carried out there.
This video presents the many benefits of using WERMA’s range of machine and workstation efficiency monitoring systems. For example, they allow users to obtain transparency of their operations. The systems also enable users to monitor and record the status of all machines, equipment or manual workstations on a single screen. WERMA’s technology is claimed to be low cost and easy to install.
This video starts by presenting a couple of WERMA’s traditional combination devices, known as the 424 and the 425 series LED beacon sounders. It goes on to demonstrate the much larger 430 series beacon sounder, which is available in a variety of colours.