Aerotech offers Planar SL stage for applications such as surface metrology
Planar SL mechanical bearing, ball-screw-driven XY stages from Aerotech are particularly suitable for applications including surface metrology and high-precision automation. The Planar SL combines two axes of motion in a compact, low-profile package.
The Planar SL comes as standard with a precision-ground and preloaded ball screw, which is engineered to drive directly through the centres of friction and stiffness, resulting in superior geometric performance and accuracy, according to Aerotech.
High-precision linear motion guide bearings provide excellent straightness and flatness with optimal support of the moving carriage over the entire XY travel. According to Aerotech, the Planar SL structural elements have been optimised for the highest possible planar performance.
Key product features and specifications
- Integrated, low-profile, XY, ball-screw stage
- Long-life linear motion guide bearing system
- Optional low thermal expansion glass linear encoder
- Cost-effective, high-precision planar performance
- The Planar SL is available with low-thermal expansion (3.3ppm/°C) precision glass scales on both axes for high accuracy and repeatable positioning over long periods of time
- The linear encoder, available with amplified sine (1Vpp) or 0.1µm TTL digital outputs, is mounted near the centres of action, again providing an optimised stage design for high-accuracy positioning
- The Planar SL comes with a 24VDC bipolar stepper motor. Aerotech can also provide brushless and brush DC motors with high-resolution rotary encoders preconfigured for use with Aerotech controls. A selection of motion controllers is available, along with software and drive electronics
Click on the link above to download the data sheet for the Planar SL.
Aerotech’s Ensemble QLe panel-mount nanopositioning piezo drive is designed for use with the Ensemble range of drives and controllers.
EasyTune is an autotuning tool available for motion control. Entirely data-driven, the algorithm largely mimics the process followed by an experienced controls engineer.
The RCP-Delta is available in four models that support payloads up to 3kg, with X/Y operating ranges of 500/800/1,100/1,300mm, and an optional continuous rotation about the Z axis (yaw).
Aerotech has introduced the Ensemble QDe — a desktop nanopositioning piezo drive designed for use with the Ensemble series of drives and controllers. The QDe connects to any Ensemble controller network, enabling co-ordinated motion between piezo stages and servo axes at much higher rates than other controller or drive products.
This application note outlines the procedures required to create new calibration tables and how to merge calibration tables for the Nmark CLS.