Aerotech offers Planar SL stage for applications such as surface metrology
Planar SL mechanical bearing, ball-screw-driven XY stages from Aerotech are particularly suitable for applications including surface metrology and high-precision automation. The Planar SL combines two axes of motion in a compact, low-profile package.
The Planar SL comes as standard with a precision-ground and preloaded ball screw, which is engineered to drive directly through the centres of friction and stiffness, resulting in superior geometric performance and accuracy, according to Aerotech.
High-precision linear motion guide bearings provide excellent straightness and flatness with optimal support of the moving carriage over the entire XY travel. According to Aerotech, the Planar SL structural elements have been optimised for the highest possible planar performance.
Key product features and specifications
- Integrated, low-profile, XY, ball-screw stage
- Long-life linear motion guide bearing system
- Optional low thermal expansion glass linear encoder
- Cost-effective, high-precision planar performance
- The Planar SL is available with low-thermal expansion (3.3ppm/°C) precision glass scales on both axes for high accuracy and repeatable positioning over long periods of time
- The linear encoder, available with amplified sine (1Vpp) or 0.1µm TTL digital outputs, is mounted near the centres of action, again providing an optimised stage design for high-accuracy positioning
- The Planar SL comes with a 24VDC bipolar stepper motor. Aerotech can also provide brushless and brush DC motors with high-resolution rotary encoders preconfigured for use with Aerotech controls. A selection of motion controllers is available, along with software and drive electronics
Click on the link above to download the data sheet for the Planar SL.
Aerotech has developed the Planar HDX, which it says is the most advanced commercially available planar air-bearing platform available. The Planar HDX was designed using an FEA-optimised silicon carbide structure and optimised air-bearing compensation techniques, which provide the highest possible dynamic performance while maintaining its geometric characteristics and positioning accuracy.
Aerotech’s QNP-XY series piezo nanopositioning stages provide the resolution, linearity, repeatability and high dynamics required for a range of demanding applications, from microscopy to optics alignment.
The A3200 is an ideal solution for both complex and standard motion-centric machine control.
Today’s machine builders confront a new era of risks, as globalisation increases competition and the internet rapidly disseminates information about products and markets. The highest priority for designers of performance-driven machinery is to reduce the various risks confronted across the machine design, development and maintenance lifecycle.
Aerotech has introduced the AGV-HPO high-accuracy, open-frame, thermally stable galvo scanner, which provides resolution of more than 24 bits when used with the company’s Nmark CLS controller. It is suitable for complex, high-density laser machining and high-throughput applications.