Aerotech offers Planar SL stage for applications such as surface metrology
Planar SL mechanical bearing, ball-screw-driven XY stages from Aerotech are particularly suitable for applications including surface metrology and high-precision automation. The Planar SL combines two axes of motion in a compact, low-profile package.
The Planar SL comes as standard with a precision-ground and preloaded ball screw, which is engineered to drive directly through the centres of friction and stiffness, resulting in superior geometric performance and accuracy, according to Aerotech.
High-precision linear motion guide bearings provide excellent straightness and flatness with optimal support of the moving carriage over the entire XY travel. According to Aerotech, the Planar SL structural elements have been optimised for the highest possible planar performance.
Key product features and specifications
- Integrated, low-profile, XY, ball-screw stage
- Long-life linear motion guide bearing system
- Optional low thermal expansion glass linear encoder
- Cost-effective, high-precision planar performance
- The Planar SL is available with low-thermal expansion (3.3ppm/°C) precision glass scales on both axes for high accuracy and repeatable positioning over long periods of time
- The linear encoder, available with amplified sine (1Vpp) or 0.1µm TTL digital outputs, is mounted near the centres of action, again providing an optimised stage design for high-accuracy positioning
- The Planar SL comes with a 24VDC bipolar stepper motor. Aerotech can also provide brushless and brush DC motors with high-resolution rotary encoders preconfigured for use with Aerotech controls. A selection of motion controllers is available, along with software and drive electronics
Click on the link above to download the data sheet for the Planar SL.
QNP-L series linear piezo nanopositioning stages from Aerotech give nanometre-level performance in a compact, high-stiffness package. A variety of travel and feedback options make the stages particularly suitable for applications such as microscopy and optics alignment.
Aerotech has introduced the MPS75SLE, a compact, high-performance linear positioning stage for applications such as optics positioning, Z-axis positioning of sensors in surface metrology, and in general purpose high-precision alignment.
Aerotech’s engineering reference guide serves as a valuable resource for all Aerotech motion and positioning control components and systems. Section 10 focuses on the Aerotech vacuum advantage.
Aerotech’s engineering reference guide serves as a valuable resource for all Aerotech motion and positioning control components and systems. Section 14 focuses on motor orientation options.
Aerotech’s engineering reference guide serves as a valuable resource for all Aerotech motion and positioning control components and systems. Section 16 focuses on multi-axis assembly.