Maxon Motor adds 70/10 servo controller and 50/5 plug-in module to Escon range
maxon motorcontact supplier
Escon DC motor controllers
The Escon range of DC motor controllers from Maxon Motor has been expanded with two additional products: the Escon 70/10 and the Escon 50/5 module for OEM integration.
The Escon 70/10 servo controller for brushed and brushless DC motors is controlled by means of an analogue set value, which can be specified by means of analogue voltage up to 700W, an external or internal potentiometer, a defined value or a PWM signal with variable duty cycle.
The Escon 50/5 module is a miniaturised OEM plug-in for the servo controller series. The compact four-quadrant PWM servomotor controller enables the efficient control of permanent-magnet brushed and brushless DC motors with Hall sensors — up to approximately 250W.
Servo controllers in the Escon range feature freely assignable I/O for flexible integration, PWM inputs for setpoint values and analogue inputs and outputs.
Products in detail
- Escon 70/10 offers high usability and excellent performance
- It has the ability to enable or disable the power stage depending on the direction of rotation or the use of speed ramps for acceleration and deceleration
- Speed can be regulated by means of a digital incremental encoder (two channel with/without line driver), DC tacho or Hall sensors
- OEM plug-in module has good control properties and a fast digital current controller with a large bandwidth for optimal motor current/torque control
- Drift-free dynamic speed behaviour enables a speed range of 0–150,000rev/min
- It features a wide range of functions with fully configurable digital and analogue inputs and outputs
- It can be run in various motion control operating modes (speed controller [closed loop], speed controller [open loop], current controller)
Medical suture specialist PharmSouth has expanded its range using maxon DC motors and controllers, with a new inspection machine that will save labour and material costs and achieve a higher-quality product. PharmSouth’s new machine inspects the sutures for defects, enabling companies to make substantial savings in both labour and material costs and achieve a higher-quality product.
The EC 4 brushless DC motor from maxon measures just 4mm in diameter and comes in two different lengths. Certified in accordance with ISO 13485, the brushless micro drive is said to be ideal for medical applications.
Pedrum Kamali, who works within the Radiation Protection Service at Royal Surrey County Hospital, uses a brushless DC motor from maxon.
For most applications involving a DC or brushless DC motor, it is advisable to use a motor controller. In fact, if you are using a brushless, electrically commutated motor, then you have to use a controller to fire the correct phase winding at the right time. This article from maxon motor explains some of the common reasons why.
Casella has launched its new Apex2 range of personal air sampling pumps, using maxon’s DC motors, to monitor the personal exposure to dust, fumes and vapours in high-risk occupational sectors and to safeguard the future health of workers against serious respiratory disease.