Mettler Toledo introduces total organic carbon sensor designed to meet needs for pure water
Mettler Toledocontact supplier
Mettler Toledo’s Process Analytics Division has introduced a sensor that is designed for the continuous, fast and reliable monitoring of total organic carbon (TOC) levels in applications such as water for injection, reverse-osmosis membranes, ultraviolet lamps, resin beds, organics shedding and final rinse water.
The 5000TOCi — which features Intelligent Sensor Management (ISM) technology — is claimed to ensure that TOC excursions will not be missed.
The sensor has been developed specifically to meet the demands for pure water in the pharmaceutical, power generation and microelectronics industries.
It can be coupled with Thornton’s M800 ISM transmitter (available in two- or four-channel versions) capable of operating any combination of up to two or four sensors for conductivity, pH, OPR, dissolved ozone or dissolved oxygen, plus two pulsed flow sensors.
- Reduces record keeping for the release of water through simplified data collection with peak and average TOC measurements
- Improves the quality and reliability of calibration with a semi-automated process to ensure consistent results
- Enables predictive maintenance requirements through diagnostics and sensor status with Imonitor user interface
- Simplifies maintenance processes with in-depth diagnostic data, provided by detailed sensor status screens
- Features automated flow control that improves the reliability of continuous, real-time TOC analysis by eliminating sensitivity to system pressure changes
- Reduces overall cost, complexity and instrumentation footprint when used with M800 transmitter
The Smartcal reference substance from Mettler Toledo enables users to carry out quick and simple quality-control checks on their moisture analysers.
Mettler Toledo’s WX range of weighing modules is designed for high-precision as well as manual weighing in instruments, machines and isolators.
Icontrol from Mettler Toledo is a graphical interface option for the Easymax and Optimax synthesis workstations.
The 2300Na sodium analyser from Mettler Toledo is suitable for applications such as power generation and pure water treatment.
The Thornton 2300Na sodium analyser from Mettler Toledo is suitable for the measurement of pure water treatment and for power cycle chemistry monitoring. The analyser is said to ensure fully automation calibration, trace sodium sensitivity, reagent addition confirmation, grab sample capability and low maintenance.