Power-supply ICs designed for slim LED-backlit TVs and PC main power systems
Power Integrationscontact supplier
Power Integrations has introduced HiperLCS, a range of high-voltage LLC power-supply ICs that incorporate the controller, high- and low-side drivers and both MOSFETs into a single package, making them suitable for applications such as slim LED-backlit TVs, PC main power, servers, telecoms and networking equipment, LED streetlights and laser printers.
HiperLCS devices provide all the required functions in a single IC, thereby streamlining the design cycle, saving board space, reducing assembly costs and increasing reliability.
The high switching frequency of HiperLCS devices allows designers to use low-cost SMD ceramic capacitors in the output loop instead of bulky, unreliable electrolytic capacitors, and reduces the size of the magnetics required.
- Maximum efficiency of better than 97 per cent
- Operation up to 750kHz
- New thermally efficient, low-profile eSIPe-16C package further contributes to space savings and reduces heat sink size
- Resonant control circuitry provides very low power loss
- Designs exceed benchmarks set by Energy Star N 4.0 and 5.0, and the 80 PLUSP Gold and Platinum PC efficiency standards
- HiperLCS devices allow users to set circuit parameters such as dead time and soft start
- Design process is assisted by PI XLSL, a real-time design and modelling tool
This report from Power Integrations describes the design for a non-isolated, universal-input, 12V, 350mA CV/CC power supply for LED driver applications, utilising a LNK605DG device from the Linkswitch-II range.
The HiperTFS series of efficient integrated offline switcher ICs from Power Integrations is suitable for PC main and standby applications.
This application note from Power Integrations is targeted at engineers using the Linkswitch-PL series of monolithic offline switcher ICs to design isolated or non-isolated AC-to-DC power supplies driving a constant-current LED load.
This application note from Power Integrations is intended for engineers designing isolated AC/DC LED drivers using the Linkswitch-PH range of integrated monolithic switching ICs.
The Capzero series of self-powered ICs from Power Integrations is designed to reduce the losses associated with the input filter capacitor discharge resistors when the AC voltage is present.