Power-supply ICs designed for slim LED-backlit TVs and PC main power systems
Power Integrationscontact supplier
Power Integrations has introduced HiperLCS, a range of high-voltage LLC power-supply ICs that incorporate the controller, high- and low-side drivers and both MOSFETs into a single package, making them suitable for applications such as slim LED-backlit TVs, PC main power, servers, telecoms and networking equipment, LED streetlights and laser printers.
HiperLCS devices provide all the required functions in a single IC, thereby streamlining the design cycle, saving board space, reducing assembly costs and increasing reliability.
The high switching frequency of HiperLCS devices allows designers to use low-cost SMD ceramic capacitors in the output loop instead of bulky, unreliable electrolytic capacitors, and reduces the size of the magnetics required.
- Maximum efficiency of better than 97 per cent
- Operation up to 750kHz
- New thermally efficient, low-profile eSIPe-16C package further contributes to space savings and reduces heat sink size
- Resonant control circuitry provides very low power loss
- Designs exceed benchmarks set by Energy Star N 4.0 and 5.0, and the 80 PLUSP Gold and Platinum PC efficiency standards
- HiperLCS devices allow users to set circuit parameters such as dead time and soft start
- Design process is assisted by PI XLSL, a real-time design and modelling tool
This document from Power Integrations describes an isolated high-power-factor TRIAC-dimmable LED driver that utilises the LYT4317E from the LYTSwitch range of ICs.
The document describes an isolated high-power-factor TRIAC-dimmable LED driver designed to drive a nominal LED string voltage of 34V at 370mA.
This report from Power Integrations describes a non-isolated LED driver (power supply) utilising a LNK457DG from the Linkswitch-PL range of devices.
The document from Power Integrations describes a non-isolated, high-efficiency, high-PF LED driver that uses the LNK460KG from the Linkswitch-PL range of ICs.
The document describes a non-isolated high-power-factor (PF) LED driver designed to drive a nominal LED string voltage of 16V at 800mA from an input voltage range of 140–280VAC.