Power-supply ICs designed for slim LED-backlit TVs and PC main power systems
Power Integrationscontact supplier
Power Integrations has introduced HiperLCS, a range of high-voltage LLC power-supply ICs that incorporate the controller, high- and low-side drivers and both MOSFETs into a single package, making them suitable for applications such as slim LED-backlit TVs, PC main power, servers, telecoms and networking equipment, LED streetlights and laser printers.
HiperLCS devices provide all the required functions in a single IC, thereby streamlining the design cycle, saving board space, reducing assembly costs and increasing reliability.
The high switching frequency of HiperLCS devices allows designers to use low-cost SMD ceramic capacitors in the output loop instead of bulky, unreliable electrolytic capacitors, and reduces the size of the magnetics required.
- Maximum efficiency of better than 97 per cent
- Operation up to 750kHz
- New thermally efficient, low-profile eSIPe-16C package further contributes to space savings and reduces heat sink size
- Resonant control circuitry provides very low power loss
- Designs exceed benchmarks set by Energy Star N 4.0 and 5.0, and the 80 PLUSP Gold and Platinum PC efficiency standards
- HiperLCS devices allow users to set circuit parameters such as dead time and soft start
- Design process is assisted by PI XLSL, a real-time design and modelling tool
Power Integrations has announced that its CAPZero range of two-terminal, automatic X-capacitor discharge ICs has been certified to meet IEC 62368, the new overarching safety standard covering televisions and IT equipment.
Power Integrations has launched its Linkswitch-3 series of integrated monolithic switching ICs. The devices are claimed to deliver accurate primary-side regulation for chargers and adapters up to 10W, making them suitable for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, particularly those subject to 30mW no-load limitations, such as upcoming mandatory US DoE EPS efficiency regulations and EU CoC Tier 2 guidelines.
This document from Power Integrations is an engineering report describing a non-isolated LED driver (power supply) utilising a LNK458KG from the Linkswitch-PL series of devices.
The Linkswitch-PH has been developed to cost-effectively design a single-stage power-factor-corrected LED driver with primary-side constant-current control.
This design idea presents the schematic for a CV/CC power supply for LED driver applications using the Linkswitch-II LNK605DG.