Software supports creation of models for complete 3D picture of Rittal products
Version 3 of Rittal’s RiCAD 3D software is claimed to support the creation of models to provide a complete 3D picture of Rittal products with the visualisation, layout and spacing of single components.
The RiCAD 3D database includes 2D and 3D drawings for virtually all Rittal products, together with a range of system accessories.
- Three-dimensional views of the accessories within an enclosure enable the positioning and spacing of rail or mounted equipment, cable trunking runs and the cable entry space required
- Detailed CAD product data is provided
- Users can export to all standard CAD formats (DWG, ProE 2001, ProE Wildfire, Solidworks and Step)
- Simple integration into a variety of CAD systems is ensured
- The software offers a reduction of engineering and design work
- Detailed, error-free Rittal data is provided
- Generic original data is in 3D and 2D format and there is no conversion of neutral formats
German manufacturer SHW Werkzeugmaschinen manufactures moving-column machine tools. The company’s machinery includes a 200-ton moving column milling machine, the PowerForce 8, which is used to mill wind turbine stators with an internal diameter of 6.5m. At the heart of the mill is a variable, universal milling head of orthogonal design with a drive power of 90kW and a torque of up to 1,725Nm. SHW relies on the Blue e generation of cooling devices from Rittal to exploit every possible ...
Rittal’s new Liquid Cooling Package (LCP) Hybrid, with a cooling capacity of up to 20kW per rack, comprises a large, high-performance air/water heat exchanger that cools IT components installed inside the server enclosure.
Averex — said to be the world’s first robotic wiring centre — has been used at Kiesling Maschinentechnik, a specialist for automation solutions in switchgear manufacture, as one of two real-world field tests it has to undergo.
Rittal has ‘docked’ its SE 8 enclosure system to its existing TS 8 platform, which now offers the same configuration options as traditional baying systems. Users are no longer forced to fall back on an enclosure system different from baying suites when preferring to use free-standing enclosures as standalone solutions. Rittal’s SE 8 enclosures use the same accessories for standalone applications as with the TS 8 bayed enclosures.
Rittal has launched three accredited seminars to support customers in their continuing professional development (CPD). The seminars have been reviewed and assessed by the Chartered Institute of Building Engineers (CIBSE) to ensure the technical content is of a high standard and offers valuable CPD to delegates. All attendees will receive a certificate as evidence of their participation.