Software supports creation of models for complete 3D picture of Rittal products
Version 3 of Rittal’s RiCAD 3D software is claimed to support the creation of models to provide a complete 3D picture of Rittal products with the visualisation, layout and spacing of single components.
The RiCAD 3D database includes 2D and 3D drawings for virtually all Rittal products, together with a range of system accessories.
- Three-dimensional views of the accessories within an enclosure enable the positioning and spacing of rail or mounted equipment, cable trunking runs and the cable entry space required
- Detailed CAD product data is provided
- Users can export to all standard CAD formats (DWG, ProE 2001, ProE Wildfire, Solidworks and Step)
- Simple integration into a variety of CAD systems is ensured
- The software offers a reduction of engineering and design work
- Detailed, error-free Rittal data is provided
- Generic original data is in 3D and 2D format and there is no conversion of neutral formats
Rittal has expanded its modular TS IT rack to offer more than 100 configurations, providing customers with more options and greater flexibility for their IT enclosures. The range of enclosures comprises a selection of dimensions that can be combined with a choice of interior components.
For switchgear with ratings above 1,600A, air circuit breakers (ACBs) and copper connections have to be tested for short circuit and the effects of heat rise. Rittal’s latest RPE software (version 6.2) can supply the actual current-carry capacity (Inc) of all leading ACB manufacturers, plus the CAD drawings of the ACB connections required to fit within the Ri4Power modular switchgear systems.
The development of a power station plant room not only provided logistical and technical issues but also harsh environmental considerations for Nova Controls during its installation of a water treatment PLC for a Yorkshire biomass site. The performance of Rittal’s Ri4power modular switchgear busbar system helped to deliver the solution that the site demanded.
Rittal is offering a large range of cooling products that are suitable for addressing the problem of overheating panels. The company’s TopTherm fan-and-filter units, for example, provide an energy efficient means of cooling enclosures but require a clean and cool environment to operate effectively.
An efficient IT infrastructure is now at the core of every modern business, but underneath the tiers of applications and operating systems a robust and reliable platform is essential. Rittal claims that its TS IT system provides optimum stability and maximum space utilisation thanks to its welded frame construction.