Automation Studio 4 software from B and R enables true-to-life architecture modelling
B and R Industrial Automation
Automation Studio 4
B and R has introduced the Automation Studio 4 software, which features a number of automated functions, as well as true-to-life architecture modelling, version control, support for shared projects and object-oriented programming.
The development software is designed to give developers a straightforward way to manage their increasingly complex programs, according to Dr Hans Egermeier, manager of the Automation Studio Business Unit at B and R.
He added that Automation Studio 4 not only helps create clearly structured software architecture when a project is first being developed but also when designing new variants and options or performing project maintenance.
Key features and benefits
- Project modularisation allows individual projects to be split up into manageable pieces so that several developers can work on them at the same time.
- The new integrated version control system is said to ensure stability and consistency.
- In the System Designer in Automation Studio 4, hardware configuration is handled by arranging photorealistic images of components.
- The automatic application of the necessary configuration parameters saves time and prevents errors from occurring.
- To enable the consistent and uniform development of mechanics, electronics and the automation software, Automation Studio 4 comes equipped with an interface to Eplan Electric P8, which allows ECAD projects and the hardware configuration in Automation Studio to be synchronised.
- Communication via OPC Unified Architecture provides compatibility with numerous systems from other manufacturers, while the direct support of web technologies simplifies the development of visualisation, process monitoring and remote diagnostic applications.
- Advanced functions for object-oriented programming with C simplifies programming with classes and objects.
- A smart editor uses function libraries and sections of code that have already been programmed to provide context-sensitive suggestions.
- During development, visualisation templates accelerate the design of user interfaces.